As the winter draws to a close, we have been enjoying one of our favourite meals, a Pork Belly Roast. It took me awhile to perfect the art of getting the Crackling to Crackle but this winter....I got it right!
- Pork Belly Roast
- Sea Salt
- Vegetables of your choice
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees
- If it has not been done by the butcher already, make some scores in the fat about 1-2 cm apart and rub in some sea salt.
- Place to Pork in an oven proof dish and roast for 60 minutes (may need a bit longer if its a big cut of meat).
- After 60 mins, take the meat out of the oven, remove form the dish and place your chosen vegetables in the dish so that they cook in the meat juices
- Place everything back into the oven for 45 mins, tossing the vegetables every-so-often so that they cook evenly
- For the final 10-15 mins, turn up the heat to 220 degrees until the fat starts to form bubbles and turn really crispy.