Jacinda's bibs have been looking pretty shabby lately, covered in banana and other various food stains. So I decided to make my own, using a laminate fabric.
All it requires to keep stain-free is a wipe with a damp sponge post-meal, which helps keep the laundry pile that little bit smaller too. It also has a handy pocket to catch any spills (although not all, that would be an impossible job!)
How to make:
1. Trace the pattern of one of your little one's favourite bibs onto Oilcloth or Laminate Fabric and cut out.
2. Then, re-trace the lower half of your favourite bib and draw a straight line between the two upper points and cut out. This will be the front pocket.
3. Sew a zig-zag stitch across the top straight edge of the pocket.
4. Line up the pocket with the main bib and sellotape into place (you can use pins but I found it quite tricky on the thick fabric and it left holes)
5. Sew a zig-zag stitch around the whole bib, taking your time on the curves.
6. Sew on some velcro to fasten the bib.