Health. Primal Nutrition. Exercise. Motherhood. Sustainability & Creating various things.




Experimenting in the Kitchen


I had a whole lot of half used packets of ingredients sitting in my pantry, so I experimented by putting them all together to make muesli bars. I was very happy with the result as it uses all natural ingredients and is a yummy little treat for lunchboxes

I think I will name it 'Odds and Ends Muesli Bars'

Ingredients
1 1/2 C Dates
1 C Rolled Oats
1/2 C Sunflower Seeds
1/2 C shredded coconut
5 Tbsp Honey
4 Tbsp Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil

Method
  1. Combine all dry ingredients and divide in half
  2. Put half in a food processor or blender and whizz
  3. repeat with the other half (if you do it all at once it won't blend properly)
  4. Mix in the coconut Oil, Honey and Peanut Butter
  5. Press into a tray and refrigerate far a few hours or until set (if it's a bit crumbly, add more honey)


No comments: