Health. Primal Nutrition. Exercise. Motherhood. Sustainability & Creating various things.




Summer Knitting for Baby



Lately, I have been the very nostalgic picture of a pregnant mother; sitting under a shady tree in my deck-chair knitting a blanket for the little one whom I am yet to meet.



A basic garter stitch matched with an uncomplicated design allowed the rhythm of my needles to set the perfect tone for hot, weary summer afternoons and let my mind wander.......

To Re-Create:
You will need approx 9 balls of wool  (3 in each colour) and 3.25mm needles

  1. Cast on 180 stitches in colour 1
  2. Knit 16 rows of garter stitch in colour 1
  3. Change to colour 2 and knit 16 rows in garter stitch 
  4. Change to colour 3 and knit 16 rows in garter stitch 
  5. Repeat steps 2-4 until work measures approx 70cm
  6. Cast off and weave in the ends.


Enjoy the process,

No comments: