Health. Primal Nutrition. Exercise. Motherhood. Sustainability & Creating various things.




Homemade Cleaning Products Part I: The Bathroom



Making homemade cleaning products has been on my 'To Do' list for ever so long as I know it has great benefits for the health of my family, the planet and my wallet.

I've had a couple of failed attempts in the past but have decided I'm going to tackle this project one room at a time and first up is the Bathroom......
You Will Need:
  • Borax (there are a few sellers on trademe)
  • Baking Soda 
  • White Vinegar
  • A Small Shaker 
  • Essential Lemon Oil 
  • Old Toothbrushes
  • A Spray Bottle 
  • Soft Rags
To Prepare:
Recipes thanks to Meagan
  1. With a ratio of 1:1 combine the borax and baking soda in the shaker
  2. Fill the Spray bottle with white vinegar and add a few drops of the lemon essential oil
To Clean Showers, Baths and Counter Tops:
  1. Sprinkle the baking soda & borax mix over the surface area and give it a good scrub with a soft rag, using an old toothbrush for any hard to reach corners.
  2. Spray on the vinegar solution and, with a new rag, wipe any residue clean.
To Clean Shower Glass, Chrome Taps and Mirrors:
  1. Spray on the vinegar solution and buff with a dry rag
To Clean Toilets:
  1. Mix 1/4 cup baking soda with 1 cup vinegar, pour into basin and let it set for a few minutes. 
  2. Scrub with brush and rinse.


1 comment:

Heather said...

I love having homemade cleaning products - so much better for our families, the earth and...the pocketbook. ;-)