Making homemade cleaning products has been on my 'To Do' list for ever so long as I know it has great benefits for the health of my family, the planet and my wallet.
I've had a couple of failed attempts in the past but have decided I'm going to tackle this project one room at a time and first up is the Bathroom......
You Will Need:
- Borax (there are a few sellers on trademe)
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- A Small Shaker
- Essential Lemon Oil
- Old Toothbrushes
- A Spray Bottle
- Soft Rags
Recipes thanks to Meagan
- With a ratio of 1:1 combine the borax and baking soda in the shaker
- Fill the Spray bottle with white vinegar and add a few drops of the lemon essential oil
To Clean Showers, Baths and Counter Tops:
- Sprinkle the baking soda & borax mix over the surface area and give it a good scrub with a soft rag, using an old toothbrush for any hard to reach corners.
- Spray on the vinegar solution and, with a new rag, wipe any residue clean.
To Clean Shower Glass, Chrome Taps and Mirrors:
- Spray on the vinegar solution and buff with a dry rag
To Clean Toilets:
- Mix 1/4 cup baking soda with 1 cup vinegar, pour into basin and let it set for a few minutes.
- Scrub with brush and rinse.