Health. Primal Nutrition. Exercise. Motherhood. Sustainability & Creating various things.




Welcome 2011

Happy New Year Everybody!!

Hope you are enjoying yourselves during your Holidays.

In the quiet of the past few days I have thought about what I value most and why. So, In place of a New Years resolution I wrote down my values in order to hold firm to them throughout this year.............


For My Body:

  • To Eat: naturally occuring foods
  • To Exercise: with a mix of short, high intensity, multi-functional movements and long, low intensity runs or walks.
  • To Rest: By going to bed around 10pm and rising around 6am, having an afternoon nap if required and letting the rhythm of my daily routine reflect the rhythm of the earths seasons

Why?: Because these reflect the way that I was designed to eat, move and rest therefore giving me energy and wellbeing and protecting me from pain and dysfunction.

For My Children:
  • To Listen:  To both my children’s needs and my intuition as a Mother and have confidence in where they lead me.
Why?: Because it is what feels right.

For The Earth:
  • To Grow: Vegetables, Herbs and Fruit
  • To Keep: Chickens (if we can)
  • To Dispose: Of waste firstly by composting or recycling
  • To Buy: Handmade, Secondhand, NZ Made, from the Market or from Local independantly owned shops
  • To Clean: With homemade and/or natural products
  • To Own: A small amount of material possessions
  • To Choose: Natural materials over synthetic
  • To Transport: Myself via foot, cycle, bus or ferry whenever possible
  • To Re-purpose: Old materials into new creations that we can use

Why?: So that my Great-Great-Grand Children will inherit a world that is beautiful and abundant with natural resources for them to use and enjoy the beauty of.... just like I have.

For My Spirit and My Soul:
  • Sew
  • Knit
  • Write
  • Read
  • Surf
  • Row
  • Share: My life with friends, family and community
  • Travel: Whether it be near or far
  • Remember: One thing everyday that I am grateful for
  • Maintain: A clean and tidy home and garden
  • Spend: Within my means

Why?: Simply because it feels good. 



No comments: