Today I'm putting my blog in the hands of my husband, Dave.....
How To Build an Urban Garden:
You will need:
- Wood (half rounds are ideal)
- Wooden Pegs
- Cardboard or Weed Mat
1. Measure out the length and width that you want the garden to be. The wood can be bought from any hardware store and they will cut it to length for you.
2. Hammer a wooden peg into the ground at one of the corners. Nail one length of wood into the peg, then hammer another peg into the ground at the other end of the wood. then simply repeat the process until you have a border for your garden.
3. Place the cardboard or weed mat onto the ground, this stops grass from growing through. Then pour soil (I used 'Garden Mix' which is already mixed with compost) on top of the cardboard.
4. Start Sowing or Planting.
This whole process only takes an hour or so!